Even though it’s only 220 pages, Street of Storytellers brings up a lot that young readers may want to learn more about, and that can be part of classroom discussions. So here’s a brief guide to resources that can enrich and expand the reader’s experience.
This guide includes four parts:
• Online resources for learning more, with live links,
• Discussion questions for Parts 1, 2 and 3 of the novel,
• A Q&A with the author (that’s me),
• Selected, applicable curriculum standards. These are drawn from the Common Core State Standards Initiative: Standards for English Language Arts, and the National Curriculum Standards for Social Studies, and
• Suggested books for further reading, grouped for grades 6-8 and 9-10.
I hope these resources are helpful!
View Curriculum Resource Guide online, by section:
Standards for English Language Arts